The Reserve Bank of India is the conducting body for the RBI Grade B Officer Exam and with RBI being the Central Bank for the country, the number of aspirants waiting for an opportunity to join this Organisation is very high.
The banking sector in India is one of the largest employment providing sectors and to crack the Officer grade exam is an aspiration for many and since not everyone takes up the decision of joining a Coaching Institute for assistance, we bring to you few of the most important tips which will help you prepare for the upcoming Grade B Officer exam at home.
Since the official notification is yet to be released, the tentative schedule for the Officer cadre recruitment 2020 is given below in the table for the candidate’s reference:
|Phase of Recruitment||Tentative Dates|
|Official Notification||September 2020|
|Phase I Examination||November 2020|
|Phase II Examination||December 2020|
For any further information related to the exam notification, eligibility, salary, vacancies, etc., candidates can check the RBI Grade B 2020 page.
Unlike other bank exams, the syllabus for the RBI Officer post is slightly different. Phase I exam is a 200 marks objective paper comprising 4 sections: Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, and English Language.
The phase II exam is both objective and descriptive paper of a total of 300 marks comprising three parts:
- Economic and Social Issues
- Finance and Management
- Descriptive English Writing Skills Paper
Let us now discuss the tips which shall help candidates prepare for the upcoming RBI Grade B 2020 exam, all by themselves at home.
Preparation Tips for Grade B Officer Exam at Home
- Strategize a Plan – The syllabus is vast and complex, thus to ensure that every topic under each section is covered, strategising a study plan and following a set time table is a must. Distribute time in a manner that new topics, revision, and practice tests can be solved each day
- Refer to Video Classes Online – Free Online videos are easily available on youtube from which candidates can get proper conceptual ideas regarding each topic and understand them in a better way
- Make Proper Notes – Do not rely on learning things verbally. Having proper notes on each subject is a must. It will also help in cases where questions based on two or more topics combined together are asked
- Look for Best Books Online or Offline – Preparation books for Bank exams are easily available in both hard copy and in the form of e-books online. Candidates must choose the best books where sufficient questions with proper solutions on each topic are given, shortcut tricks to save time are mentioned and all the topics from the syllabus are covered
- Read Newspaper Daily – General Awareness, Economic and Social Issues, and Finance and Management all are included in the syllabus and all the latest information regarding any update on either of the three can be read in detail in the newspaper.
- Emphasize on Solving Questions – Just going through the concept is not enough. A candidate can only understand if he/she has completely understood the topic if they solve questions based on them. It will help them apprehend which topics still need more effort and time for preparation
Finally, the most important tip is solving mock tests and question papers which are set as per the latest exam pattern and need to be solved within a set time duration. This will provide an examination type of ambiance at home and marks scored in them will help in analyzing the performance.
To get RBI Grade B Question Paper from the past years, candidates can visit the linked article.
One must know that with sufficient time dedicated to self-study at home, proper notes and study material and hard work, candidates can easily qualify the Officer cadre exam and enjoy the perks and benefits of being a Bank employee.