Engineers play a significant role in the socio-economic growth of any country. And to become a successful engineer you need to pursue a course that will turn your interest into passion and will train you with the technical skills that will be required to create, innovate and handle technology. Well, BTech is one such course.
This blog talks about what the B Tech course is all about. What benefits will this course bring you and what career options will you get after BTech? And to help you a little more, we will also give insight into one of the best B Tech colleges in India.
BTech degree- Overview
Bachelor of Technology is an engineering course that is opted by students who want to make a fruitful career in the field of technology. Engineering colleges in India offer this undergraduate course in various specializations such as-
- Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics & communication engineering
- Information technology
- AI & data science
Key highlights of BTech course in India
|Duration of the course||4 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students must have passed the 10+2 level examinations with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as the main subjects.Students must have scored 50% marks in the class 12th.|
|Admission Process||Admission will be given on a merit and entrance examination basis.|
Benefits of pursuing a B Tech degree
- Reputation– Engineering is a reputed profession not only in Indian society but throughout the world.
- Job opportunities- Every specialization of B Tech offers numerous job opportunities with handsome pay packages. Some of the top job opportunities are-
- Design Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Computer Engineer
- Water Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Instrumentation Engineer
- Robotics engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Telecommunication Engineer, and others.
- Financial security- If you study at the best B Tech colleges in India, you will be placed in a reputed company with a good pay package. And you will get a promotion with increasing experience.
- Challenging and interesting profession- Engineers are problem solvers and innovators of society. And hence it is a challenging profession but also an interesting one.
Popular career options after BTech
The BTech degree will help you secure jobs in IT industries, software companies, management consulting firms, the education industry, etc. Let’s check out the career option available in different streams of engineering.
A. Private Sector-
- Civil Engineering- Civil engineers receive great career opportunities in Infrastructure & Construction management companies. Civil engineers can work as Structural Engineers, water engineers, building control surveyors, Design Engineers, CAD technicians, geotechnical engineers, etc.
- Electronic & communication engineering– Electronic & communication engineers are highly in demand in energy storage, sustainable energy, nanotechnology, & power systems sectors. They are hired in the position of desktop support engineer, electronics engineer, system control engineer, etc.
- Electrical Engineering- Electric engineers are recruited by power & gas, and electronics companies in the position of biomedical engineer, micro-electrical engineer, instrumentation engineer, etc.
- Artificial intelligence & machine learning– This is one of the emerging fields of engineering. In present times, skilled AI & machine learning graduates are demanded in every top business firm. These engineers are hired as data engineers, AI engineers, machine learning engineers, Computer vision engineers, etc.
- Information Technology- BTech information technology graduates receive career opportunities in IT sectors, banks, educational institutes and hospitals, etc in positions of system engineer, software developer, IT analyst, programmer, etc.
- Mechanical engineering– Mechanical engineers are highly valued in the automobile sector, oil exploration sector, chemical manufacturing plants, and aerospace industry, etc. in the job profile of defence engineers, maintenance engineers, product design engineers, tool engineers, etc.
B. Government sector-
After studying at the top B Tech colleges in India, you can also join the government sector by giving GATE, banking, civil services, railways, etc. examinations. Government organizations like DRDO, the Indian army, Indian Railways, ISRO, BHEL, and other organizations.
Why Pursuing B Tech from Arya College Jaipur is the best choice?
- Residential, academic & administrative facilities at Arya College are top-notch which also makes this college, a top choice among B Tech colleges in Jaipur.
- Arya College’s faculties are the backbone of their college and students’ success. Through their academic and research experience they offer interactive methods of learning.
- The college has a student development cell, and a career guidance cell to improve the overall personality of the students and to guide them to the right career path.
- This college is well-known for providing one of the highest placement in private engineering colleges of Jaipur, in 2022, 97.13% of BTech graduates of Arya College have been placed in national and multinational companies.
- The top recruiters of this college are Capgemini, L&T Infotech, Wipro, TCS, Google India, WM Global technology services, Amazon, Tech Mahindra, etc. And the average package received by students is 4.6 LPA.
Engineering is a profession that requires skills, knowledge, and the right guidance to make a successful career, and the B Tech degree from a reputed college will be able to equip you with these requirements. If this blog helped you convince yourself that you should opt for this course, then do not forget to check out the best BTech colleges in Jaipur.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the higher education options available for BTech graduates?
B Tech graduates can prepare for the GATE examination and can pursue MTech in their field or can pursue a Master of Science degree program. Also, you can pursue a short-term certification course in the emerging field of engineering such as cloud computing, cyber security, web designing courses, etc.
- What are the skills required to study at B Tech colleges in India?
B Tech students should possess the below-mentioned skills-
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Multi-disciplinary exposure
- Basic knowledge of engineering concepts
- Analytical thinking
- Which stream is difficult to study in engineering?
Electrical engineering is considered a difficult stream as this stream involves abstract thinking and lots of creativity. And chemical engineering is considered another difficult stream of engineering.
- Which are the most demanding streams of engineering?
Artificial intelligence & machine learning, computer science, and mechanical engineering are some of the most demanding streams of engineering.
- What is the average salary earned by graduates of B Tech colleges in India?
According to PayScale, the average salary received by B Tech graduates in India is Rs. 5,59,875.
For more valuable information visit this website.