According to BLS, the employment rate of electronics and electrical engineers is expected to grow by 3% from 2021 to 2031. And with the advancement of technologies such as artificial intelligence, 5G technology, internet of Things, the career opportunity for electronics engineers is growing tremendously.
If you are an electronics engineering aspirant then do not miss reading this blog. As it includes all the lucrative career opportunities the electronics engineering stream holds for you. This blog also includes information regarding BE colleges in Mumbai, from where you can study this course.
|Table Of Contents|
1. BE Electronics Engineering
2. Course features of BE electronics engineering
3. Why choose to pursue electronics engineering?
4. Career Opportunities for Electronics Engineering Graduates
5. Why select Terna engineering college, Nerul amongst engineering colleges in Navi Mumbai
7. Frequently Asked Questions
BE Electronics Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering in electronics engineering is an undergraduate course offered by various engineering colleges in mumbai. In this course, students learn about microprocessors, digital circuits, computer applications, wireless systems, etc. This field is also a sub-field of electrical engineering.
Course features of BE electronics engineering
Below- mentioned is the course highlights of Terna Engineering College, one of the renowned BE colleges in Mumbai.
|Duration of the course||4 years|
|Availability of seats||60|
|Eligibility criteria||Applicants must have passed 10+2 level examinations with main subjects such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics.|
The minimum score obtained by the applicants should be at least 45%.
|Course Fee||Rs. 5.2 Lakhs|
Why choose to pursue electronics engineering?
Modern information technology is built on the foundation of electronics engineering, which enables people to use various tools that are essential for daily communication, such as mobile phones, satellites, computers, Wi-Fi, etc. As a result, candidates who want to work for leading IT firms in the field of consumable electronics and who want to suggest new breakthroughs and ideas for creating effective products frequently choose to pursue this course from the top BE colleges in Mumbai. Additionally, this course includes some sub-disciplines that are available as specializations in ME or M.Tech-
- VLSI Design
- Radio Frequency Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electromagnetic Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Analog Circuits and Electronic Engineering
- Embedded Systems Design
Career Opportunities for Electronics Engineering Graduates
- Private job options- After studying electronics engineering at BE colleges in Navi Mumbai, students can look for job opportunities in VLSI-related industries, electrical product manufacturing companies, Texas Instruments, research & development laboratories, etc.
Let’s check out some popular job profiles-
- Project engineer- Project engineers are responsible to look after the technical aspects of the project. To ensure the project’s flawless execution, project engineers schedule, plan, predict, resource, and manage all technical tasks of the project. You will also be communicating with team members to provide them with technical support if needed.
- Electronics technologist- Electronics technologists help and assist other engineers in advancing technology. Their job role is to test, repair, and modify equipment as well as evaluate and test products while using measurement and diagnostic tools.
- Database administrator– The information technician in charge of planning, carrying out, and overseeing all operations involved in successfully maintaining a database environment is known as a database administrator.
- Computer hardware engineer– This is a qualified engineer who works on the creation, setup, and testing of servers, chips, circuit boards, and computer systems. Computer hardware engineers use devices like routers, keyboards, and printers while at work.
- Field test manager- The job responsibility of the field test manager is to check the technical issue of the product after completion of the production stage and before the product launch in the market. They also correct the technical issue if they find any errors.
- Network planning manager– A network planning manager oversees a team that develops, tests, and improves network systems. They check the efficiency, effectiveness, and security of the network system and find out the areas for improvement. They also ensure that the organization’s network is capable of adopting novel organizational initiatives.
- Lecturer- The lecturer is the one who teaches students in the college/University. Additionally, they conduct research, give lectures, and evaluate the student’s work.
- Government job options- After completing BE electronics engineering, students can opt for the GATE examination and can apply for job positions in various departments of government. Also, electronics graduates can join research & development companies, defense organizations, BHEL, National thermal power corporation, DRDO, ISRO, NASA, etc.
- Higher education- Once you complete your bachelor’s degree in engineering, you can also pursue higher education courses to improve your career prospects and gain a deeper understanding of electronics concepts.
You can pursue MTech or ME from top ME colleges in Mumbai in electronics or you can opt for short-term courses in demanding sub-fields of electronics such as robotics, CADD, VLSI, embedded systems, industrial automation, etc.
Why select Terna Engineering College, Nerul amongst engineering colleges in Navi Mumbai
- The faculty members at this college are experienced in research work and academics in electronics.
- The Electronics industry keeps on changing, and Terna College ensures that its students are aware of the latest tools, technology, and innovation and they conduct workshops, and seminars at regular intervals to keep students updated.
- The college infrastructure includes a PCB lab, microprocessor lab, power electronic lab, design integrated circuit lab, industrial automation lab, electronics design automation lab, etc. with the latest tools & technology.
- This is one of the few BE colleges in Mumbai, that offers industrial training opportunities to the students studying in the third year of engineering.
- Leading companies in the industry visit their campus to hire students. Some of the top recruiters are- Tata teleservices limited, Hexaware Technologies, Infosys, Capgemini, L&T Infotech, iGATE, Godrej, IBM, etc.
By the year 2026, there will be 3,45,800 jobs available for electronics graduates. And as the demand for this stream is rising up, it is the perfect time to make a career in the electronics field. So, now it’s your turn to take up the charge and get yourself enrolled in the BE colleges in Mumbai.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the required skillsets to pursue electronics engineering?
You should possess certain skills to make a sustainable career in electronics engineering-
- Interest in technology
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking
- Time management
- Basic circuit knowledge
- Organizing skills
- What are the upcoming trends in the field of electronics engineering?
There are certain upcoming trends in the field of electronics engineering, you need to keep yourself updated with-
- High Mechanical Strength
- Better Sensing Ability
- Flexible Display
- Nanoelectromechanical Systems
- 3D Biometrics
- What subjects will I study at BE Electronics in engineering colleges in Mumbai?
The subject list you’ll study during BE electronics course-
- Applied Mathematics, chemistry, physics
- Basics of electrical engineering
- Digital system
- Electronics and circuit
- Liner engineering
- Laboratory design
- Digital communication
- Micro control and processing
- Power Electronics
- VLSI design
- Industrial automation
- Micro electro-mechanical systems, and others.
- What is the salary of an electronics engineer in India?
The average salary of an electronics engineer in India is Rs. 4,56,000.
For more valuable information visit this website.