Healthcare and medicine are people-centric ventures. Their utmost goal is to help and heal people. The sole purpose of healthcare is to help people get through some of the most crucial, yet most challenging moments in their lives. And to help people and make healthcare more efficient, technology plays a crucial role in current times. A few years back, people thought that there was no chance for technology and the healthcare industry to be a perfect fit for each other. And to nullify this thought technological advancements have been a keen player in advancing the healthcare industry.
Hence, by opting for cutting-edge technologies like AI (Artificial Intelligence), cloud computing, ML (Machine Learning), and IoT (Internet of Things), the healthcare world has witnessed a major decline in the transmission of communicable diseases. Moreover, this tech innovation has led to speedy and better patient treatment as well as disaster recovery, real-time care, and diagnosis. And one of the be
st ways to experience these is by using SaaS apps or healthcare SaaS apps. Though I wouldn’t lie, in the initial days it faced a lot of disbelief due to safety concerns, however, it has now become a profitable industry with lucrative growth and can value at around USD 61.84 Billion by 2025.
I bet now you’d understand why opting for SaaS development services in the healthcare industry has become more apparent in today’s fast-tech times. Healthcare SaaS is a win-win solution that provides ample benefits to both healthcare organizations and patients. Moreover, by following the right Healthcare SaaS trends, organizations can accomplish their goals.
Curious, already? Hence, the following article focuses on what is a healthcare SaaS, how it benefits the healthcare industry, and the top SaaS trends transforming the healthcare industry.
What is Healthcare SaaS?
Healthcare SaaS refers to the integration of cloud-based software apps by different healthcare organizations that provide health or medical-related platforms and services. These SaaS applications are particularly built to serve the unique needs and requirements of healthcare facilities, to help manage important components like patient appointments, records, analytics, billing, and many more.
Apart from managing the key tasks of healthcare organizations, these apps also encourage open communication and collaboration among staff members, different departments, and healthcare providers. Most importantly, the scalability, reliability, and efficiency of Healthcare SaaS make it a perfect fit for healthcare facilities of every size.
Let’s now look at some benefits of SaaS in the healthcare industry.
Benefits of SaaS in the Healthcare Industry
Following are some best advantages you can experience when opting for healthcare SaaS applications:
- Better Data Security – Data is one of the most important aspects of any healthcare organization. And because data is so valuable, it’s always under persistent threat, and it shouldn’t come as a surprise to you. Hence, SaaS solutions provide these healthcare facilities with unrivaled data security. With the constant increase in data breaches, healthcare service providers are under constant stress to secure their patients’ vital information, and thereby, they opt for SaaS development services.
- Rapid and Accurate Deployment – Today everything happens within the blink of an eye, hence, healthcare people need to speed up and adopt software solutions that are fast and accurate. A SaaS-based solution for healthcare such as Electronic Medical Records (referred to as EMR in software products) guarantees speed and proficiency during patient diagnosis. Moreover, these healthcare software development help burst some of the biggest myths prevailing in the healthcare industry that SaaS development is a one-time process. But, believe me, it’s not.
- Cost-Effectiveness – Well, yes, you read it right, SaaS solutions are quite budget-friendly. The days are long gone when healthcare organizations were required to pay a good amount of upfront capital. So, on a happy note, it’s no longer essential. These healthcare SaaS business solutions are cost-effective and quite reasonable. So, you can ignore all the useless expenses, like the extra maintenance and management by incorporating these SaaS-based solutions.
- Transparent in Nature – A few years back, it was incredibly challenging for healthcare professionals to understand the patient’s medical history. Fortunately, with the advent of these innovative technology-based SaaS solutions, these professionals can now easily check their patient’s medical history, and understand it, as everything is accessible by single click. This helps them to treat their patients with better care and ideal medication.
Now, coming to the heart and soul of our article, we’ll discuss a few important SaaS trends that have transformed and are still transforming the healthcare industry. These innovative SaaS trends are like the cherry on the cake for healthcare organizations.
5 SaaS Trends Transforming Healthcare Industry
Let’s now go through the top healthcare SaaS trends and understand how they’re turning out to be game changers for the healthcare industry.
- Utilizing Multiple Clouds – Healthcare organizations can get over some of the most challenging issues by following the SaaS trends. So, by utilizing multiple clouds, organizations can boost their capabilities to process, store, analyze, and protect the necessary healthcare data. And yes, you may also find multiple clouds being utilized for disaster recovery. For instance, Google Health made an interesting move with APIs (Application Programming Interfaces), which allowed organizations to unlock the healthcare data’s real value by deploying big data in diverse ways. Hence, you can use Google’s multilayered security technique, implementing innovative security functionalities.
- Smart AI Solutions – Artificial Intelligence (AI) was and is dominating the market with its smart and innovative business apps. Hence, AI integration enables SaaS-based solutions to become independent and self-learning. Hence, AI-based SaaS solutions are gaining immense popularity in the healthcare industry. Multiple successful tech companies are automating their business operations with the help of AI, thereby boosting efficiency and productivity. Multiple SaaS development services providers are delivering AI-based healthcare solutions helping organizations in multiple ways.
- Vertical SaaS – Vertical SaaS is quite an interesting trend that is going to gain good popularity. So, when talking about horizontal SaaS, organizations can adopt it in any industrial sector. However, vertical SaaS concentrates on one industry, like healthcare. Hence, it focuses on a single vertical. Vertical SaaS focuses on specific concerns and provides custom SaaS-based healthcare solutions.
- Transformation with Edge Computing – With the help of edge computing apps, the healthcare industry can experience several benefits. Edge computing has data centers nearer to the matters of actual utilization. It needs fog computing for its deployment, as it’s the standard that administers its operations. The equation is a bit like SaaS solutions, hence, fog assists edge computing the same as the cloud helps SaaS.
- Pay-Per-Use – SaaS development service providers function on multiple subscription models. They charge clients a specific amount based on the subscription they choose, like monthly or yearly. This model is quite helpful and valuable for both the service providers and customers. However, in current times, vendors are switching to a pay-per-use (PPU) pattern.
As technology is advancing rapidly, SaaS solutions will resemble an action hero for driving innovation in the healthcare industry. Healthcare SaaS solutions are helping healthcare organizations to handle the changing needs and expectations of clients, the medical sector, and the market. Hence, healthcare organizations worldwide are embracing these innovative technologies, so patients and healthcare employees can experience more efficient, accessible, and patient-centric healthcare solutions.
Hence, to create efficient healthcare SaaS solutions, you can opt for a trusted healthcare software development company. They can help you create proficient software solutions, automate business processes, and manage healthcare data efficiently.
That’s all from my end.
I hope this article helps you. Thank you for your time and patience.
Author Name- Mr. Pratik Mistry
I am Pratik Mistry, a rare mix of technologist and Executive Vice President in sales at Radixweb. My passion lies in helping companies to grow revenues by delivering top notch custom software development solutions and build value-based partnerships. When not driving high-impact go to market strategies, I love to try new cuisines and going to the movies.