Medical astrology is also known as astrological diagnosis, and it is a part of astrology that aids the diagnosis and treatment of illness.
It is an ancient concept of using various astrological aspects to make medicines and still in practice. Its links go back to the late medieval and early modern periods, c1450-1700 of India, China, Egypt, and some parts of Europe.
There is no expertise necessary to describe how astrology dominated everything during that period. Thus, many knowledge systems depended upon it, were symbiotic with it, or referred to it in their worldview.
According to astrologers, medicine is assigned to a person as per their zodiac signs. In that era, it was a common belief that zodiac signs ruled over parts of the body, planets to rule over organs and systems, and the world to rule over diseases and drugs. Thus the whole system is observation and interpretation based upon a complex system of given Rulerships.
Which organs of the body are ruled by what planets as follows:
- Heart by the Sun
- Arteries by Mars
- Veins by Saturn
- Kidneys by Venus
- Liver by Jupiter
- Muscles by Mars
- Brain and Nerves by Mercury and Uranus
- Reproduction by Venus and Mars
- Testes by Pluto
- Ovaries by the Moon
- Skin by Saturn
- Teeth Nails and Hair by Mars
- Bones and Skeleton by Saturn
- Respiratory by Mercury
- Digestive system by Venus
- Endocrine system by Neptune and Uranus
The characteristics of diseases that is ruled planets are:
heart and spine disorders by the Sun; liver disorders by Jupiter; conditions of expansion and excess by Sun or Jupiter; menstrual and mammary complaints by Moon; urinary complaints by Venus; cuts, injuries, bruises as well as fevers and inflammations with redness and heat by Mars; diseases of decline, collapse, wasting, blockages and contraction by Saturn; and tremors, neuroses, insanity by mercury, digestive disorders by Venus.
How and with what parts the signs are connected with the body:-
- Aries: Head and face, the eyes.
- Taurus: The neck, ears, throat, larynx, tonsils.
- Gemini: The arms, shoulders, muscles and bones, the lungs, and the hands.
- Cancer: Stomach, breasts, solar plexus, diaphragm, the upper part of the liver.
- Sagittarius: The hips, thighs, and sciatic nerves.
- Leo: The heart, spine, and spinal parts.
- Virgo: The intestines, alimentary canal, and the bottom part of the liver.
- Libra: Kidneys, appendix, lumbar vertebrae, and the skin.
- Capricorn: The knees, different joints of the body, and the hair.
- Aquarius: The lower leg, the teeth, and blood circulation.
- Pisces: The feet and toes.
- Scorpio: The organs of reproduction, gallbladder,l, colon, and rectum.
The Planets govern parts corresponding with the Signs they rule and have their exaltation.
The physiological side, concerning the Signs, is as follows:-
- Aries: The brain and the distribution of mental and physical energy.
- Taurus: Recuperative forces.
- Gemini: The breathing and those things connected.
- Cancer: Nutrition.
- Leo: Distribution of vital forces mainly through the blood.
- Virgo: Processes of assimilation and absorption.
- Libra: The liquid processes of the body.
- Scorpio: Procreation and reproduction.
- Sagittarius: The senses get vanished and the nervous system.
- Capricorn: Processes of preservation and storage of energy.
- Aquarius: The circulation and eliminative processes.
- Pisces: Perspiration and the lymphatic processes generally.
Diseases that pertain to the various signs are as follows:-
- Taurus: Diseases that particularly attack the throat.
- Gemini: Bronchial complaints, consumption, nerve diseases, pneumonia and pleurisy, asthma, and anemia.
- Aries: Headaches, fevers, neuralgia, eye problems, inflammations, wounds, and accidents.
- Cancer: Affections of digestion.
- Leo: Heart diseases and poor circulation
- Virgo: Digestive disorders and complaints to do with intestines generally.
- Libra: Kidney affections and disorder of the spine.
- Scorpio: Diseases affecting the reproductive organs.
- Capricorn: Skin disease and diseases affecting the parts of the vascular system.
- Aquarius: Ankles dislocation or accidents and varicose veins, blood poisoning, and some nervous diseases.
- Pisces: Influenza, colds, diseases accompanied by mucous discharges, etc.
- Sagittarius: Gout, rheumatism, sciatica, accidents.
Characteristics of the Diseases caused by the signs:-
Aries: The energies are often more than the nervous and mental balance, and most ill-health has its origins in such things as violent exertion and outbursts of anger. An Aries should seek compensation in life at all costs.
Taurus: Over-indulgence and too much comfort lie at the roots of most disorders, but there is also a tendency to brood over troubles that lend force to any passing ailments.
Gemini: Nervous reactions and restlessness from the basis.
Cancer: Gets emotional due to some mental irritant, causes nervous reactions and generally lessens vitality. It is always said that a Cancerian is always hurt in health more by others than by himself.
Leo: Nearly all kinds of disorders and diseases of the nervous system tend to arise from over-exertion of some sort.
Virgo: There is a tendency to upsets the digestive organs from the nervous system, causing and producing acidity and other troubles.
Libra: Troubles usually arise from nervous exhaustion of some kind.
Scorpio: Breaking down the resistance through worrying and interaction of others upon the individual.
Sagittarius: Restlessness often causes trouble; the people under this Sign often risk accidents and injuries.
Capricorn: Disease is frequently rooted in inhibitions.
Aquarius: Nervous disease that is usually based on its highly sensitive nature.
Pisces: Over-heating the mind with possibly fancied injuries from others, plus much sensitivity, physical and mental, form the basis for most complaints.